CAD AUDIO M179 Large Diaphragm Variable Polar Pattern Condenser Microphone
|The CAD M179 combines a vintage capsule design with advanced electronics. The M179 features the dual pattern version of the original equitek e-300 capsule, an externally biased capsule with a gold sputtered 1.1" diaphragm.
|The CAD M179 incorporates a number of unique features
• Continuously variable pattern with a "hard" cardioid center detent.
• Large 1.1" dual diaphragm external bias condenser capsule.
• Gold sputtered diaphragms.
• High SPL capability (143 dB SPL with pad)
• Transformerless balanced output circuits.
• 20 dB non-capacitive pad
• 6dB/Octave @ 100Hz high-pass filter
• Stainless steel internal pop/EMI filter.
Side address, external bias condenser
-36 dBV (16mV) @ 1Pa
Equivalent Noise Level:
143 dB SPL (with pad)
Total Harmonic Distortion:
Less than 0.15%
High-pass filter, 20dB pad
Minimum requirements are 24-52V phantom power
capable of delivering at least 8 mA.
Three pin male XLR type.
Durable charcoal gray urethane. Satin nickle plated
front & rear screen.
2.25” (57.2 mm) Dia., x 7.00” (177.8 mm) High
17.8 oz. (506 grams)
MZM-5 elastic suspension shockmount
40-350 .......... 50 ft. broadcast quality extension cable
...................... terminated with professional 3 pin
...................... male/female connectors
40-351 .......... 100 ft. broadcast quality extension cable
40-352 .......... 25 ft. broadcast quality extension cable